Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Fun and Fun in the Sun

My sister Amy came to visit with her kids Kaden and Emma for 5 days in June. Her husband had to go out of town to work so we took it as the perfect chance for her to come hang out in Boise. We had sooo much fun and the kids were comfortable right away. I think they would have stayed forever, in fact they did say they wanted to. Here's some of the fun stuff we did.

We went to the zoo and visited the nearby rose gardens. We also had a picnic lunch and the seagulls were being a little too bold for my taste.
We went on the paddle boats around this little stream and pond. Kaden and I were in a giant swan and Amy and Emma had a pelican. Kaden wanted to race everywhere, typical boy. It was funny to watch Em try to reach the pedals and help out.

We stayed at a hotel one night just for fun and to have access to a swimming pool! We swam once the first night and once the next morning before checkout. Our room was nice and seriously it was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. Em's wore herself out and practically fell asleep sitting up that night.
We had such a good time and I'm grateful that she came and endured the endless husbandly comments about her spending money while he was making it! We loved it and I am hoping someone else will come see me soon, I'm getting lonely!!

1 comment:

Carlson Clan said...

Mark and I were discussing our anniversary and were wondering if there are any theme hotels in Boise. Do you know?? Also, are you coming home for Saydi's blessing? I saw a commercial that the Salt Lake Express also goes to Boise but I don't know if that's only from Salt Lake. Might want to check into that just for an option. You could sleep the whole way home!! I miss you sis and hope things are going alright. What have you heard about that job? I do believe you owe ME an email. ;) j/k Love you!