Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tyrel is 12!!


Tyrel turned 12 on June 10th. His dad and step-mom were kind enough to host a sleep over for him and his friends. I heard it was fun, if not incredibly loud and crazy. At least they were laughing and joking about things like robots and toys still and not about girls. Ty currently maintains that girls are gross (yeah right) so we'll see how long that lasts. This is the only picture I have of him during his week at my house. We all know how much he LOVES posing for pictures. We went bowling and he is really good! I was very impressed, he must have inherited the bowling gene from his dad. We went to the park so he could skip rocks and went swimming twice. Pretty much everywhere else we went he would get bored in 5 minutes and just want to go home to play video games. We also went to the new X-Men movie "Wolverine" with Trevor Coronado which I know he enjoyed. I think he had fun and even though we are officially at the beginning of the awkward stage I was glad he was here. Yes people, it is no longer cool to hang out with mom. Or to answer questions with more than one word. On June 14th I went to Shelley for his ordination. His dad got to officially make him a priesthood holder! He now passes the sacrament in church and got to MUTUAL...oh man when I made that connection I almost died. I am so glad that he has such a desire to do these good things. Check out how tall he is compared to Jakob, and yes he is by far taller than me. He is well on his way to "manhood", including his the awkward facial hair that is obvious but too fine to shave. On one of my visits home I was giving Bryce and shower and washed his face. He asked me why I was doing that and I said "You have a koolaid moustache" to which he replied "You don't make Ty get rid of his moustache". Oh gosh, they kill me! So if you see Tyrel somewhere and say hi, try not to stare at his upper lip, hope he remembered to put on deodorant, and don't feel bad if he acts like he doesn't know you.

No comments: