Monday, September 29, 2008

Mystery Man


For the past almost 3 years, it has been a given that any weekend I could be found sitting (or sleeping) at home doing a whole lot of nothing. Because of this I was the one people called when their husband was gone for the day and they needed something to do, or the babysitter for date night, or the daughter who could come visit when everyone else was too busy. Lately I have been disappearing for days at a time and the news has slowly leaked out: Yes! I do have a boyfriend! Ramil and I met on ldsmingle the beginning of September and have talked on the phone everyday, usually more than once, since then. On September 20 I drove to Boise to finally meet him because I wanted to be sure that the chemistry was there in person too before I told anyone about him. It was. He is currently studying at BSU for electrical engineering and works full time at the Flying J. He is divorced but no kids, originally from the Philippines, and has been in the U.S. for about 10 months. Ramil is super sweet and everything I have been looking for in a guy, I was just looking in the wrong country! He doesn't have a car right now which is why I always drive to see him but he will be getting one soon. He is a returned missionary and awesome basketball player. We have so much fun together and he always makes sure that I am happy. Hopefully I didn't just toally jinx our relationship by posting this blog...

2 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

I'm so glad you finally posted about him! You guys are super cute. And he's great...so I don't think you just jinxed it. Miss you tons. Love ya!

Jillyn said...

Oh my! Finally, a picture of the mystery man. Love it. You two look fab together. :) I'm so happy for you and I agree Jen, I don't think you jinxed anything. Love you!