Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Monday Madness

Well I am running a day behind on posts but its better than nothing. Monday we took the kids to the park so they could blow off some steam. It's amazing how loud they sound in a little two bedroom apartment. It was pretty cold and windy but they played for awhile, threw rocks in the river, and we walked on one of the many awesome paths that wind around the river. Then we rented some movies and had pizza for dinner at home.


The boys have been watching lots of movies and they are obsessed with playing Xbox. I'm not really comfortable with them playing outside since I don't really know the neighborhood, emphasis on HOOD. The weather hasn't been very cooperative either.


My neighbors are probably wondering why after months of silence my apartment now sounds like it is a kid war zone. Laughing, crying, acting like dogs, playing swords with sound effects, jumping off anything higher than 6 inches off the ground; there's a constant source of noise with the boys around.

I think they are having fun and I love being able to see them everyday hear all their stories. Bryce kicked my butt in checkers on Sunday and the boys like to play battleship with me too. Probably one of my favorite things has been laying on my bed with the twins to take a nap, not just because of the blissful silence, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't nice! All in all the time is flying by so we are trying to make the most of it.


2 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

How fun. I hope things are going good and they're being good for you. I need to call you to discuss your visit home. I'm not sure how much I'll get to see you with the move. I'll try to call you tonight. Love ya.

The Ericksons said...

Hey Beck. I'm glad you and the boys are having a good time! I'll see you while you're here, right?!! Love ya!