Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home To Visit

After I dropped the boys off at their dads I spent the rest of the weekend with my family. The sisters had Chinese food at Jen's Thursday night and then I slept at Amy's. Then Friday I went and saw Sarah, Lynn and girls at their house. Later that day I went to my mom and dad's to spend the rest of the day and the night. Mom spoiled me rotten for the next 24 hours which was not only very sweet of her but was nice for me to have some tlc. She wanted to take me to dinner at one of our favorite places, Texas Roadhouse, and of course the more the merrier so Amy and kids and Miss, Shane and Makoy all tagged along. Makoy was sitting on this horseshoe stand thing while we waited. He will never let me take pictures of him, such a grouch about it (note the happy face). Dad had stayed home because he can't eat anyway so it's not much fun to watch everyone else enjoying delicious food, and he was kind enough to fix a few things on my car while we were gone. Point being Koy only let me take this picture because I told him it was for Grandpa so he could see what Koy was sitting on. He is OBSESSED with his grandpa, it's the cutest thing I have ever seen. Maybe it's because every time he goes to the store with Gramp he gets something or because dad shows him how to burn things with a magnifying glass, among other things no one else would teach a 3 year old. But nothing is cuter than seeing Makoy go sit next to dad on the couch and pull dad's arm around his little shoulders, or hearing Koy yell "Gwampa where are you" every time he realizes he hasn't seen him for longer than one minute. Either way they are two of a kind and I think it's so amazing that dad is able (and willing) to be the official Koy babysitter.


So back at the restaurant, we had lots of fun even if we did have to wait for an hour for our food to come. Well I had lots of fun at least. Amy was a little frazzled because her kids were attacking the peanuts out of sheer hunger and of course we made her sit at the end with the kids. Makoy was having fun "dipping" everything, even peanuts, in the honey butter. Shane got to deal with convincing Koy to eat his actual dinner. Miss told us some (long) gossipy stories about work which I love to hear, it's like a soap opera. And I think Mom was just enjoying the fact that she wasn't in charge of anyone. We had Shane take a picture of all us ladies and it was just a fun night. Mom and I got up early the next morning to hit a Kohl's sale and she bought me an awesome furry body pillow (among other things) that I sleep with every night. It was hard to head back to Boise but we had alot of fun and I've noticed I'm MUCH more popular now that I don't live there! Thanks for everything mom and dad!


No comments: